The defense attorney’s role is of paramount importance in almost every criminal case. While specific duties of an attorney vary depending on the nature of the charges and the case, key responsibilities of any criminal defense lawyer include:
- Advising the defendant of his or her rights and explaining what to expect at different stages of the criminal process;
- Ensuring that the defendant’s constitutional rights are not violated through law enforcement conduct, or in court proceedings;
- Negotiating a plea bargain with the government, on the defendant’s behalf;
- From arraignment to sentencing: investigating facts and evidence, cross-examining government witnesses, objecting to improper questions and evidence, and presenting any legal defenses.
- I hired Mr. Norman to finish my divorce. I was finally treated as if my case mattered. He was very responsive to my needs and did what he said he would do. I was treated very well and although this was one of the roughest times of my life, I am finally divorced and received custody of my children. I am very greatful, and would recommend this office to anyone needing a divorce attorney.Cameron Jones – Child Custody Client
- Trey has helped me not only get the time that I was losing with my daughter, but also put confidence back into me that i had a case. He was very understanding and gracious with my case and took me seriously, and stood up for me when I needed him too. And though my case isn't yet over, I'm thrilled with the results that Trey was able to provide so far. I believe I will be continued to be happy with the results as my case closes. Choosing Trey Norman firm was the best decision made. I would definitely recommend him to everyone!James Smith – Divorce Client